WE ARE the Allegheny Valley School District…997 student and 160 staff member strong.
WE represent the communities of Cheswick Borough, Harmar Township, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township.
WE, the Class of 2013…
- The Class of 2013 of 91 students gathered $4,957,074 in scholarship money and accepted $2,324,014 in actual scholarships.
- Students earned $51,038 in scholarship money from local sources.
- Seventy-three percent of the class received scholarships.
…Accepted the following Awards:
- Two seniors were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society at Forbes Road Career and Technical Center.
- The class volunteered over 2,300 hours of service to their community.
- Two seniors were selected to participate in the PMEA All-State Concert Band.
- Several seniors were honored for starting the high school's Leo Club chapter.
- Nine seniors were recognized for their attendance at the Honors Banquet for each of their high school years (GPA of 94% or above for each of the first three grading periods).
…Have the following intentions:
- 60% will continue to a four-year college or university
- 17% will continue to a junior or community college
- 3% will enter the armed services
- 7% will enter a business, nursing, or technical school
- 5% will enter the work force
- 8% were undecided
WE, the members of the Allegheny Valley School District…
…Received the following Recognitions and Honors:
- U.S. News & World Report's Best High School's in Pennsylvania, Bronze Medal Award to Springdale Jr-Sr High School. The school ranked in the top 22% of schools across the county in state proficiency standards, student preparation for college, and other factors.
- Pittsburgh Business Times Honor Roll, rose 10 places in the ranking of 104 Southwestern Pennsylvania school districts.
- 2012 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) Grant for $20,000 to be used at Colfax Upper Elementary School.
- Keystone Achievement Awards by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for two district buildings.
- Grants were received for equipment, materials, and new initiatives.
- WPIAL Gold Medals in the 100 Hurdles and 300 Hurdles, and PIAA Gold Medal in the 300 hurdles and a Silver Medal in the 100 hurdles.
...Boast the following:
- Two students won 1st Place and 2nd Place honors at the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science's State Competition.
- One student earned 1st Place honors in the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh's International Arts and Writing Competition.
- One student won the Paralyzed Veterans of America's Veterans' Day Poster and Essay Contest in the 3rd and 4th Grade category, 4th Place overall.
- Colfax Upper Elementary School students participated in a two-day, school-wide Science Olympiad.
- Grade levels of students participated in Virtual Field Trips as part of their classroom activities.
- Eighty-seven Springdale Jr-Sr High School students were acknowledged at the 30th Annual Honors Banquet for acheiveing 94% or above for the first three nine weeks of the school year.
- Staff members were selected to make several presentations throughout the local area.
WE have earned in scholarships…
||Number of Students in Class
Graduates of Springdale Jr-Sr High School have attended/are attending colleges and universities such as:
|Allegheny College||The Naval Academy|
|Bucknell University||The Pennsylvania State University|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Seton Hill University|
|Case Western Reserve University||St. Vincent College|
|Cornell University||Syracuse University|
|Duquesne University||University of Pittsburgh|
|Edinboro University of Pennsylvania||Washington & Jefferson College|
|Georgetown University||West Minister College|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||West Point|
|Juniata College||West Virginia University|
|Lock Haven University|
And vocational/technical schools such as:
|Bella Capelli Beauty Academy||Pittsburgh Art Institute|
|Oakbridge Academy||Pittsburgh Technology Institute|
|Pennsylvania College of Technology||Western School of Health/Business Careers|
WE Give Back...
Students throughout the Allegheny Valley School District have learned the value of giving back. Through numerous Community Service projects during the school year, students are able to help the residents of their community. In addition, the Class of 2013 amassed over 2,300 hours of community service during their four years in the senior high school.