WE ARE the Allegheny Valley School District…991 student and 159 staff member strong.
WE represent the communities of Cheswick Borough, Harmar Township, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township.
WE, the Class of 2012…
- The Class of 2012 of 93 students gathered $3,634,929 in scholarship money and accepted $1,205,444 in actual scholarships.
- Students earned $31,445 in scholarship money from local sources.
- Forty-five percent of the class received scholarships.
…Accepted the following Awards:
- Two seniors were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society at Forbes Road Career and Technical Center.
- The class volunteered over 2,300 hours of service to their community.
- Two seniors were selected to participate in the PMEA All-State Concert Band.
- Several seniors were honored for starting the high school's Leo Club chapter.
- Nine seniors were recognized for their attendance at the Honors Banquet for each of their high school years (GPA of 94% or above for each of the first three grading periods).
…Have the following intentions:
- 52% will continue to a four-year college or university
- 15% will continue to a junior or community college
- 4% will enter the armed services
- 8% will enter a business, nursing, or technical school
- 9% will enter the work force
- 12% were undecided
WE, the members of the Allegheny Valley School District…
…Received the following Recognitions and Honors:
- U.S. News & World Report's Best High School's in Pennsylvania, Silver Medal Award to Springdale Jr-Sr High School. The school ranked 45th out of 752 high schools across the country based on state proficiency standards, student preparation for college, and other factors.
- Pittsburgh Business Times Honor Roll, rose 11 placed in the ranking of 104 Southwestern Pennsylvania school districts.
- 2011 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) Grant for $8,300 to be used at Colfax Upper Elementary School.
- Keystone Achievement Awards by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for all three district buildings.
- Grants were received for equipment, materials, and new initiatives.
- WPIAL Gold Medals in the 100 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, 400 Dash, and PIAA Gold Medals in the 100 and 300 hurdles.
...Boast the following:
- A $17.9 million renovation project was completed at Springdale Jr-Sr High School.
- One student won 1st Place at the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science's State Competition for his physics project.
- Two students earn 1st Place honors in the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh Arts and Writing Competition.
- One student won 1st Place in Computer Animation at the Pennsylvania High School Computer Fair Regional Competition.
- Colfax Upper Elementary School students participated in a school-wide Science Olympiad.
- Grade levels of students participated in Virtual Field Trips as part of their classroom activities.
- Twenty students were inducted into the National Honor Society.
- Staff members were selected to make several presentations throughout the local area.
- The District and its teachers' association signed a five-year work agreement, through the 2016-17 school year.
WE have earned in scholarships…
||Number of Students in Class
Graduates of Springdale Jr-Sr High School have attended/are attending colleges and universities such as:
|Allegheny College||The Naval Academy|
|Bucknell University||The Pennsylvania State University|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Seton Hill University|
|Case Western Reserve University||St. Vincent College|
|Cornell University||Syracuse University|
|Duquesne University||University of Pittsburgh|
|Edinboro University of Pennsylvania||Washington & Jefferson College|
|Georgetown University||West Minister College|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||West Point|
|Juniata College||West Virginia University|
|Lock Haven University|
And vocational/technical schools such as:
|Bella Capelli Beauty Academy||Pittsburgh Art Institute|
|Oakbridge Academy||Pittsburgh Technology Institute|
|Pennsylvania College of Technology||Western School of Health/Business Careers|
WE Give Back...
Students throughout the Allegheny Valley School District have learned the value of giving back. Through numerous Community Service projects during the school year, students are able to help the residents of their community. In addition, the Class of 2012 amassed over 2,300 hours of community service during their four years in the senior high school.