Rules for Choosing Judges:
Judges will be chosen by the district's Public Relations Director using the following guidelines:
- A Panel of five (5) judges will be chosen for every 50 nomination forms received.
- Judges will represent the community as follows:
(1) selected from the Allegheny Valley School District Staff,
(2) current student or a student who has graduated within the last 10 years,
(3) chosen from the school district community-at-large representing different age groups.
- Two of the judges will serve a two-year term; the others will serve for one year.
- After the inaugural year, one of the judges representing the community will be an Alumni Hall of Fame
- All judges will be volunteers selected by the Public Relations Director or administrator of the Alumni Hall of
- Names of the judges will not be released.
- All five judges will score each nomination form in their group of 50 using a rubric put together by the
- The highest and lowest score will be eliminated.
- The three remaining scores will be added together to form the nominees final selection score.
- From the final selection score, the panel of judges will: determine the number of nominees to be inducted,
decide any possible ties, and resolve any disputes.
- The decision of the judges is final.