Everyday Mathematics is a comprehensive Pre-K through 6th grade mathematics curriculum developed by the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project. It is currently being used in over 185,000 classrooms by almost 3,000,000 students. Allegheny Valley implemented the program in 2008-2009 school year.
For additional information about the program, click here to go to the University of Chicago's web site.
The Everyday Math web site offers extensive information and skill practice. On the site, parents and students can access:
Student Reference Book
The site is password protected. Access information is provided to all students through their math teacher.
Click here to go to the Everyday Math web site.
Additional Math Resources:
- www.mathforum.com - This online community includes teachers, students, researchers, parents and educators who have an interest in math and math education. The site includes Ask Dr. Math, Problems of the Week, discussion groups and much more.
- www.AAAmath.com - Customized by grade level and topic, AAA Math features explanations of various mathematical topics, practice problems and fun, challenging games.
- www.coolmath.com - This fully interactive site and allows the user to sharpen basic math skills, play games and explore new math concepts.
- www.figurethis.org - Created by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, this site helps families enjoy mathematics outside school through a series of fun and engaging challenges.
- www.mathcats.com - Math Cats provides playful explorations of important math concepts through games, crafts and interactive projects.
- www.funbrain.com/numbers.html - This site includes 17 original games based on soccer, car racing and much more.
- matti.usu.edu/nlvm/nav/index.html - National Library of Virtual Manipulatives for Interactive Math – fabulous source of ways to help students visually see math concepts.
District Contact Information
For additional information on Allegheny Valley's Everyday Math Program, please contact:
Colfax Upper Elementary School