Springdale Jr-Sr High School students continue to take advantage of the many extra-curricular activities and athletic opportunities that are available to them. Twenty-five clubs and activities ranging from Student Council to arts and service clubs meet regularly throughout the school year. A District staff member sponsors each of the groups; and all groups hold their own events throughout the school and summer months.
Eligibility for Extra-Curricular Activities
The good conduct and good sportsmanship of all participants and observers of activities and sporting events is essential. We as a school are governed by many outside agencies; any violation of their regulations could affect the entire school. The District asks for your cooperation in maintaining our reputation of good sportsmanship. The following guidelines will be in effect for students participating in extracurricular activities:
- Students failing two or more subjects will be ineligible to participate in their respective activity, including academic and athletic. Eligibility will be checked weekly. On Friday of every week, teachers are to submit to the Athletic Director the names of any students who are failing their class. The Athletic Director will compile a list of all students who are failing two or more classes. These students will be ineligible for participation in their respective activity for seven (7) days.
- Each time report cards are issued, students who have two or more failures in classes are ineligible for performances and/or activities for fifteen (15) days.
- Any student absent from school, unless permitted by the office, will not be able to participate in or attend any activities for that day. Students must be in school by 11:00 a.m. to be considered eligible for activities that day. Students who arrive at school on time but leave after 1:00 p.m. may participate in an evening event. Students absent from school on Friday may not participate in weekend activities.
- According to P.I.A.A. regulations, if a student is absent for a total of 20 or more days during a semester, 10 days per quarter, that student is not eligible for athletics until they have been in attendance for a total of 45 school days following the 20th day of absence. Each case will be reviewed individually, and a final decision made by the principal and athletic director.
- All students are given the opportunity and support services necessary to allow them to participate in both academic and extracurricular activities, regardless of educational placement.
Clubs and Organizations
Springdale Jr-Sr High School offers the following clubs and activities to its students:
|Academic Games||Junior High Girls' Chorus
||National Honor Society
||Senior High Art Club
||World Cultures Club
|Junior High Activities Club||Yearbook|
|Junior High Art Club|
Any additional club or organization wishing to form must have sufficient interest and a sponsor. Once this criteria has been met, a club charter and recognition by the student council are extended.
Students who wish to attend an activity, a dance, or an athletic event as either a participant or a spectator must have been in attendance on the day of the scheduled event. If the event is held on a weekend, students must have been in attendance on the last day of the school week preceding the event. Students on suspension may not attend or participate in any activity, athletic competition, or practices.